Is yoga safe during pregnancy?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Yoga can be very beneficial for pregnant women — it helps you breathe and relax, which in turn can help you adjust to the physical demands of pregnancy, labor, birth, and motherhood.

You do need to take a few precautions: -

* If you're attending a regular yoga class be sure to tell the instructor you're pregnant, and which trimester you're in.

* Don't do any asans (poses) on your back after the first trimester — it can reduce blood flow to the uterus.

* Avoid poses that stretch the muscles too much, particularly the abdominals.

* From the second trimester on — when your center of gravity really starts to shift — do any standing poses with your heel to the wall or use a chair for support, to avoid losing your balance and risking injury to yourself or your baby.

* Listen carefully to your body. If you feel any discomfort, stop.

Hope I have answered your query.

General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. You are a patient of PCOS and used pills and had bad face.
It might be due to pills or may not be. Let us think that it is not due to pills other
alternative is dermatological. Skin problems are due to defeciency of vitamins iron.
excess swetting may be due to gastritis etc. Avoiding carbohydrates you would have
ristricted fruits most important for maintenence of skin. Use more of curd green
leafy vegetables to compensate gastric irritation and iron and vitamins supply. thanks.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Abhishek Chandge's  Response
Yes yoga is safe during pregnancy , it gives strength to pelvic muscles and improves blood circulation of that region so chances of having normal delivery with healthy baby are increased . It helps to restore uterus abdomen and pelvic muscle after delivery.
you have to differnt Asan in every trimester .
Do it under the guidence of Yoga teacher.
Be prepare to wel come your baby in healthy manner.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ishwar Gyawali's  Response
not all the yogas are safe during the period of pregnancy.
some yogas are beneficial. it is better if you consult nearby ayurveda doctor for yogas