Yellow discharge with blood on pricking a bump on the forearm. Was popping the bump advisable?

Hi Dr. Grief. My husband noticed a small bump on his left forearm 2 days ago and now it is about the size of a quarter with 4 yellowish heads on this HUGE boil/bump, well anyway he ask if i would try and pop it and i agreed. It was awful yellow stuff and blood came out alot and now it looks almost black. Anyway i guess my question is did i do the right thing and/or will this make it worse?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Hi according to description it is follicle transformed to can be popped up
But if popped impartially it can transform into big furuncle.ideal treatment is use of broad spectrum antibiotic twice daily.anti inflammatory agent and application of mupirocin ointment twice daily after saline compressors.if no response go for incissionand drainage can be done