Xiphoid process pain and hurts to drink hot beverages, kindly advice

I have pain - tender to touch - on my xiphoid process. It also hurts to swallow any hot beverages or food. I have been scoped by GI, x-rayed, MRI Abdoman, CT chest, Stress Test, ultrasound of left side (where pain radiates the most) EKG , Blood count, cardiac enzymes, metabolic panel, Sed rate, Rhematologist, Cardiologist - all normal normal normal. Docs dont think it is pancrease or gall bladder . Still I have this pain and it is makes it hard to do much of anything - much better when laying down, not using any of my abdominal or chest muscles. Scheduled for an injection on Friday but nervous it won t work. Not sure how it got here - was made worse by underwire bra. Hurts to take the bra I do have on off (one of the worst things I can do). Hurts to bend, sit at the computer in any kind of tense position (like when you are thinking and typing). Worse with exertion or deep breaths unless laying down. Any thoughts on what this is and if injection is likely to work. Seems pretty localized but weird that hot hurts so much. My bottom rib close to it seems like it might be a little involved too - hard to tell. Chiro thinks it is facia as opposed to cartilage but he isn t sure.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011