Would you be in a relationship with a diabetic man??

Would you be in a relationship with a diabetic man?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
I can understand where you are coming from. My husband was diagnosed 12yrs ago. You need to understand that there are more feelings that he is having about all of this than you know. It sounds like he needs more help with his sugar levels. My husband had ketoacidosis and almost died, that is how we found out. He was instantly put on insulin. It took a little while before the Dr. finally put him on the mixed insulin, 2 shots a day. He has been great since then. And if he wants to eat something that he shouldn't he takes extra to compensate.If you love him, don't give up try to help. Talk to him about his feelings. This is a life-time disease. That is what hit my husband so hard.
  Anonymous's Response

Well, its tough.I’m stuck in a sexless marriage now after my husbands sugars were diagnosed to be way too high. I have not been happy with this, but have made allowances due to my husband’s health (he’s a diabetic), but we have gradually been drifting apart. My doc says its due to his uncontrolled sugars, it will be fine..He needs to be taking more control over sugars and is hould check on what he consumes and motivate him for exercises and regular follow up..I dont want to leave him stranded too..I love him..But its kind of hard to continue like this.