Woke up to a dizzy sensation, stabbing in ears. Is it vertigo? Stress related?

Hello- Early this morning I woke up to an incredibly dizzy sensation. It felt like someone was swaying my bed back and forth. I ve had this 1 other time, about 5 weeks ago. Just now I was laying down on my couch and had a sudden stabbing pain just under my left ear. Are these connected? Should I be concerned about vertigo? I am under a lot of stress right now, more so than normal, but was calm and relaxed when the pain came on. The pain by my ear was so severe I thought I was going to vomit or pass out. I started crying and gasping for air. I think I had a panic attack. The pain has subsided and I feel okay now, just very tired (but it is past my bedtime). At what point should I be concerned? Just stress and anxiety , or potentially an underlying issue?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013