Will weight lifting at an early age stunt my growth ?

I am wondering if weight lifting stunt my growth if I ve been doing for almost a two years and I am currently 16. I am 140 lbs. I am 5 5 .
Asked On : Wed, 31 Aug 2011
Thanks for query,
weight lifting may prevent your growth,it looks funny but many a time it is true.
If there is calories imbalance this can happen.
by doing heavy exercise like weight lifting requires use of more calories and if you have low calories from diet then negative balance is created resulting break down of tissues,fat and ultimately you loose your weight.
So first create high calories balance and go for weight lifting.
Take high nourishing diet.
Ok and bye.