Will someone get sick if they eat cream of mushroom soup that has expired?

Will someone get sick if they eat cream of mushroom soup that has expired--probably can is about 5-9 years old. Can was in good condition--no denting or popping out. ? My son made a noodle dish with the soup and some chicken--he only ate a couple small bites before he noticed smell (allergies prevented smell before eating). Can he get food poisoning or boutlism? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
YES DEPENDS UPON THE PRESERVATIVES USED LONG TIME BACK
IT CAN CAUSE FOOD POISONING OR FUNGAL INFECTION
BUT IT CAN ALSO CAUSE NOTHING
IT DEPENDS ON THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMPS HE DEVELOPS
KEEP CLOSE WATCH IF ANY UNSUSUAL HAPPENS YOU CAN DISCUSS AGAIN