Will kerosene heater fumes prove dangerous if exposed for a long term?

are kerosene heater fumes dangerous if exposed long term? I plan to use it in the garage and do some work there, I plan to leave the door open for ventilation as per instructions. I use the K1 kerosene which clear and refined for indoor use. I just bought a modern kerosene heater and already used it there a couple of times also inside my house because it is very efficient. I have a 5 year old kid in the house, can it harm him, especially in the developmental stage. I have read that the japanese has used this for primary heating in their house for years. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013