Will I require a blood transfusion during delivery as I am anemic ?

Hi, i am 25 years old (History of septicaemia and Pyelonephritis in left kidney in first pregnancy also required 2 units of blood at around 12 weeks, delivered normal at 40 weeks in 2006 to healthy boy) So far i am 31 weeks in my second pregnancy, and left kidney has not shown any sight of infection yet, however is still very small and under consultant observations. I am anemic from birth and have always had low hb levels however, my recent blood test results have shown my hemaglobin level is now 8.7, am i in danger of a blood transfusion before labour? last test results (3months ago) hb was 10.2.... why the sudden fall???
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011