Will AURI GOTTE CALMANT ET Disinfectant relieves discomfort with inflammation of outer ear and ear canal?

A German housemate of mine left behind in my medicine cabinet a MERCK product entitled AURI GOTTE CALMANT ET Desinfectant which contains equal parts of Di-isethionate hexamidine and Chlorhydrate de-lidocaine. May I enquire whether this product is an over-the-counter antiseptic eardrop medication that relieves the discomfort associated with an inflammation of the outer ear and ear canal or is it used to dissolve a build of wax in the ear canal?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013