Wife diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. No periods. Is it caused by hormones?

My wife had a psychotic episode this summer. I finally got her hospitalized after 2 months. She was 39 years old at the time. She was given risperidol but this caused elevated prolactin ( breast milk and periods stopped). She was switched to Zyprexa and she became tired all the time with falt affect and sleeping 16 ours a day. She developed diabetes and was hopsitalized for ketoacidosis . Now she is on haldol and tired all the time. My question is: could the the psychosis have been caused by hormones/menopause? She still has not had a period in the past 5 months. She has been diagnosed paranoid schophrenia. I doubt this dx due to the late onset and the fact that all the meds make her tired.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013