Why tooth have a small crack after filling was removed? Why does pressure hurt?

Hi. Today I had an old filling removed from a lower moler. The tooth also has a small crack in the rear of the tooth. Anyway, the old silver amalgam filling was grinded out. The old filling was very large, as the dentist mentioned to me. So he finished grinding it out. He mentioned seeing the crack. He then put in a temporary filling. It is very white in color. So I scheduled an appointment for 3 weeks from now. But now that the anesthetic has worn off, the tooth is so sensitive to pressure that I cannot make contact between my upper and lower tooth without piercing pain. It doesn t hurt badly at rest. But only when biting or under pressure. Is this normal for a temporary filling? Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012