Why there is reccurence of severe calf pain mainly during night and how can it be treated ?

I am 25 yrs old female, from last 4 months i am having severe calves pain . Its mainly occur at night during sleep . It first time occur in november 2011. its not frequent but atleast twice a month. its last for 1-2 min. its suddenly occurs & the pain is unbearable. then its become normal but the pain means a light pain is still present for 1-2 days. Again this occur just two days back & the pain is still present. why this occuring & what is its treatment? At current i am on Niftas 100mg tablets as i was suffered from UTI , 6 months ago.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012