Why there is pain in right side of my kidney area?

When I press on my right kidney it hurts.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Aug 2011
Thanks for query,
You can not press your kidney as it deeply situated on the back.
you might have some muscular pain at kidney site.
if you get some pain while urination or frequency or colicky pain in right site on the back coming infront of abdomen then it may be due to kidney problem.
Ok and bye.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
You need to rule out hydronephrosis, urinary infections, renal stones and cysts after proper blood investigations and ultrasound scan. Till then drinking plenty of fluids will help to clear out the infection if there is any. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal