Why ribs are sore on touching? No injury, had preeclampsia during pregnancy

When I have an itch round my rib area I notice even when I don t scratch hard they hurt like a sore hurt as if I ve been pokin at it hard... So it made me courious an I poked around both sides of my ribs an they are sore an I ve never injured myself the only problem I had with my ribs was when I was pregnant an had preeclampsia but the pain went away then came bck alittle left and now its back I keep track of my blood pressure its fine an they checked my urine at the docs for protine it was fine... Why can my ribs be sore when I touch?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012