How can I reduce the risk of preeclampsia for the next pregnancy?

I had my first child two years ago, and developed what I was told was a severe case of preeclampsia . He was born at 27 weeks, weighing 1 1/2lbs. He s had complication after complication since he was born. My question is, is there anything at all that I can do to reduce the risk of preeclampsia in my next pregnancy, or at least, make it not so severe? I smoked during my first pregnancy, and don t plan on doing that again, but I know women that had great pregnancies, and smoked more than I did. My OB for the pregnancy said I had very little amniotic fluid as well, is that common for preeclampsia?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013