Why my son who had an epilepsy attack has lost his strength , does not sleep , have difficulty in lifting his leg and feeling dull ?

son is 17 years old. 3 years ago he had epileptic attack for a few seconds. he was prescribed valparin 200 mg twice a day. after one year again he had for few seconds. since then he is taking same tablets with increase of 400 mg, two time a day. 4 months ago while he was walking, he fell down in to a pit, due to imbalance and loss of strength in his body. we had all check up like blood , urine, ECG . test say no problem. again 5 days ago he fell down from the cot, in the night time. There was no sign of epilepsy . since then he has loss of strength in his body, can not run and jump, difficult to lift his legs, does not get adquate sleep,has become very dull, speaks slow and and in low voice. I took him to a psychiatrists. had skull x-ray. report says normal. 1. why these things are happening? 2. what to do?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Sep 2011