Why is there light bleeding with cramps ?

My period was 10 days early last month (January 28) and only lasted 2 days (it usually 5).. I started bleeding yesterday (February 24) and it started out regular (with cramping) but is very light now. I had unprotected sex on January 15th but I have taken 3 hpt s that have been negative, the most recent one was taken February 21.. What s going on?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
if you had got HPT negative then there is no question for pregnant. and you had the menses yesterday. youare suffering irregular mensuration due hormonal imbalance probably not pregnant....