Why is the kidney area in pain? Why does it hurt when I take a deep breath?

Sir, I d like to know what might be the reason for the pain on the right side of me where the right kidney might be.The pain radiates to my upper back. There is no pain on the outside. i had taken an x-ray of KUB to see if stones were present but it showed up negative. I m a diabetic and am on metformin/gliclazide combo.There is pain if I take a deep breath too. Been taking amoxycillin/ potassium clavulanate for an ear problem which is clearing up and I was wondering that had my problem (side pain) been because of an infection it should be getting better (in my opinion) because of the antibiotics that I was already having but the pain is still there, so I m wondering. Slight temperature is present but I m wondering whether this is because of the flu that I might be having as i m sneezing quite a few times. Examination of the urine turned up negative. There was no presence of urea/ creatinine too. Plasma glucose (random) is 167 mg/dl Glycosylated hb is 6.8% Serum triglycerides is 210 mg/dl I m just presenting to you some figures that have turned up on my visit to the doctor for your reference. Your opinion will be very much appreciated. Thanks Regards, D.Neli
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012