Why is the enamel cap hurting with puss formation in it ?

I had a root canal done on my front tooth about 5 years ago. It has an enamel cap on it. It has 3 puss pockets over it and hurts. What could be wrong with it? I am 73 years old, 6 3 tall. I am currently taking an antibiotic. Bill
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Dentist 's  Response
It looks like the root canal treated tooth is infected. A retreatment of the tooth is required which will hep in resolving the infection. Antibiotic will temporarily remove the infection but it will reappear if the treatment is not done
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
it hurt mean there is infection or displacement of cap and it is not in proper site
u need to consult dentist as early as possible as it may damage ur teeth
avoid sweet food
it is okay to take antibiotic