Why is the bleeding watery brown instead of red ?

I am 27yrs old, I only have had sx with my husband. I am still breadtfeeding my 1 1/2 yr old 2 times a day. My periods are always regular, predicable, and similar in consistency. I got my period on time, but instead of being red it has been a thin watery brown consistency for 11 days now. No other pain (other than an 11 day period BEING a pain.) What is going on???
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Sometimes due to mild hormonal disturbances it happens like this and later on red bleeding will start as usual. There is nothing to worry. Just to be doubly sure check your urine for pregnancy at home.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal