Why is my left nipple enlarged and hard ?

72 year old man. My left nipple is enlarged and hard I am a 72 year old man. My left nipple is enlarged and hard. What could this be?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Jan 2011
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Any change in the Nipple or breast at any change needs urgent attention.If the nipple is hard,is there any discharge with it??.It would be best to see a general surgeon or a Cancer Surgeon, not because it may be Cancer but it should be looked with suspicion untill proved otherwise.Dont get scared but act.Do keep me informed about your progress.

Dr Prakash Chhajlani. M.S.,M.Ch.
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon.
Ganga Jamuna Apartment,South Tukoganj.
Near Nath Mandir.Indore.452001.India
Tel.O & R. 91-731-2511411/12. R.2366588. Appointments:0731 2511411- 10.30-7 pm.
Web site:,