Why is my child's belly swollen after constipation and fever ?

My child had constipation then one day had fever and her belly began to swell and swell
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

One day constipation and swelling of abdomen will not make the diagnosis of hirschsprung disease... it is a congenital disorder of absence of the nerve plexus in the colon and rectum.. only rectal biopsy will confirm the diagnosis... treatment is resection and anastomosis of the ilium to anal canal... your child need to be examined.. consult a pediatrician...Hope i have answered your question