Why i am not getting my period even though my pregnancy test is negative ?

I missed my period this month my date was 2 nd july 2011. but about a week , inot having yet , gone through pregnacy test as well its shows clear negative , can i still be preganant
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Hi Sara

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

You can still be pregnant , as home pregnancy test can be negative at times.Please wait till a week for your periods.If you don’t get periods even then , repeat home pregnancy test.
Alternatively , you can go visit your Gynecologist and get blood test for Hcg done .Ultrasound can confirm the pregnancy too.

If you have missed period not because of pregnancy , you should get evaluated for any underlying disease.
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.