Why i am having intense pressure with the sharp pains in pregnancy of 38 weeks ?

hi, im 38 and 5 weeks 4cm dialated and 70% effaced and 2. However i keep feeling this intense pressure with the sharp pains in my vagina area. im also leaking alot of mucus and clear discharge. i dont know if i should wait for the really really bad contractions or go to L & D and get checked out to see if im further dialated then last week.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult gynecologist and get check up and admitted for active management for labour and delivery
hope every things go normal