Why has the swelling not gone yet after spraining my leg while doing yoga ?

i sprained my leg while doing yoga . next day also i did yoga since pain was minimal.But third day there was swelling and pain. i consulted a doctor .. he prescribed pain killer. x ray, thyroid test etc was taken and report was normal. even after 10 days swelling and black patch is there. pls help i sprained my leg while doing yoga. next day also i did yoga since pain was minimal.But third day there was swelling and pain. i consulted a doctor.. he prescribed pain killer. x ray, thyroid test etc was taken and report was normal. even after 10 days swelling and black patch is there. pls help
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011