Why does vagina itch and bleed? Is it like period?

hello um my vagina itches alot, when i itch thats when it invariably itches, but if i dont itch thats when it the itching doesn t bother me for quite a while, but just now i was sitting on the toilet and the lips , a normal place for it to itch began to itch and i had itched it and then i wiped my self with the tissue because i saw some red stuff and i was like whats that and when i looked at the tissue to see if it was me that was bleeding , to my surprise i was and i was bleeding alot like i was on my period, and dont worry i wasn t on my period because i just got off 2 days ago. but it started bleeding alot where it itched and now i am sooooooooo scared
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely yeast infection and dryness.For such condition i advise ointments like terbinafine or clotrimazole with betamethasone for local application.I also give tab fluconazole weekly once for 1 month to stop recurrance.It is also recommended to avoid irritants like soap.Washing of the area can be done by warm water.Using of intimate wash regularly is advised as it normalizes vaginal bacterial flora and PH.If persistent dryness is there then i advise moisturizers like Liquid paraffin.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.