Why does my vagina giving off a bad odor?

Why is my vagina giving off a bad odor when i wash it 2 times a day I had sex about 3 weeks ago and ever since, my vagina has been giving off a really rotten odor. I do not know why or what to do about it. I try washing it morning and evening but it seems to never work. HELP!
Asked On : Sat, 10 Apr 2010

I read these things some where, might be it is useful to you.

• Dip your tampon into yogurt, insert it in your vagina, and let it stay there for a few hours. Do this twice a day, and continue this remedy for an extra day once the itchiness and burning have gone away. Make sure that you use plain and unsweetened yogurt.

• Garlic has strong antifungal properties. You may chew and swallow at least one raw garlic clove every day. For non-vaginal yeast infections, you may apply garlic paste on the affected area.

• Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water. Put one clove of crushed garlic in it. Let the mixture stand for some time before using it as vaginal douche.

• Pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert it on the vagina.

• Extracts of aloe vera plant can relieve itching and burning sensations in oral, vaginal, and penile yeast infections.

Additional Home Remedies

• Make a paste out of water and elm powder. Apply the mixture to the affected area. This will relieve itching, but will not kill the fungus that's responsible for infection.

• Mix a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup of water. Douche the solution once a day, and continue until a day after the itchiness and burning sensations subside.

You might have bacterial vaginosis(bv). It is very common in woman. The casue isn't exactly known but multiple sex partners can increase your chances. If you had unprotected sex, you may have caused the flora of your vagina to change. When the pH in your vagina is disturbed the wrong type of bacteria may over grow. Try buying tea tree oil suppositories from a natural food store. Drink a lot of water. is a good source for medical information.