Why does my vagina get sore and itch a lot during periods ?

Hi, Im a 11 year old girl and i started my period when i was almost 11. My vagina gets really sore and it itches a lot, but im scared to tell anyone because its embarrasing. I just wanted to know if it was normall and if i should tell my mum. Please help!!!!
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
hi welcome to health care magic.dont be embarrased in talk with your you have any kind of rashes over there?no it is not normal it may be due to infection.concern gynec for that.
Pediatrician Dr. Partho Sarathi Roy's  Response

Welcome to HCM.
The problem is that beacuase of local hygiene .Maintains that and consult with your parents about that.Nothing to worry .