Why do I feel like a huge bruise and tenderness on the left side of abdomen ?

I have what feels like a huge bruise and tenderness on the left side of my abdomen . (No visible bruise) I noticed it about a week ago in one small area, and the feeling of bruised/tenderness seems to have spread. I m not pregnant, nor have I had any problems recently with constipation . I can t think of anything I could have possibly done to injur the area. When I stretch or flex my abdominal muscles, I am able to palpate what feels like tender swelling areas. Any thoughts of what this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012