Why babys heartbeat stopped. what may be the potential cause of it ?

I lost my baby at 29 weeks of pregnancy. I went for my check up on Tuesday, everything is fine with my baby. There was heartbeat and the fluid was normal. On Friday night, I found that my baby was not kicking as he used to kick. When i went for ultrasound , my doctor said that my baby didn t have heartbeat anymore. Can you advise what may be the potential cause my baby heartbeat weak and stop ?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Dear pgjude
welcome to healthcaremagic
If this happens during the 1st trimester, there is usually no known reason why this occurs and this unfortunately happens to a significant number of women. It is NOT the mother fault - that is very important to note.

If babys heart beat stops in the 2nd or 3rd trimester then that might be caused by a cord accident, problem with placenta etc. This is something that would normally be investigated by the doctor.