Why am i bleeding non stop with clots even after my normal period ?

my period of last month was normal, but then i started like 2 weeks later, now i m bleeding non stop. I m wearing a tampon because it is messing up all of my underwear. in the beginning it was very light but very dark and now its heavier with clots and is still a dark burgandy. I don t know what can cause this. I need help. I feel very drained and i feel like i havent slept for days.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Nov 2010
May 2013
Intermenstrual bleeding is called metrorrhagea.
It can be seen due to many causes like hormonal abnormality, structural causes like fibroids, endometrial polyps, thyroid hormonal abnormalities etc.
If there is any possibility of pregnancy, once rule out miscarriage.
As you are having the bleeding continuously, better to consult gynecologist once and get evaluated.
Go for ultrasound once to rule out the possibility of miscarriage, structural causes etc.
Then with your doctor's advice you can go for anti fibrinolytic drugs to control the bleeding.
Along with these you may need support of hormonal pills to prevent the recurrence.