Why I am having a sudden pain in my knees ?

sudden dangerous pain startin in my knees ,is it the symptom in any fever ,my weight is normal,neither my menses days are close,
Asked On : Mon, 8 Aug 2011
hi welcome to you have fever,swelling of knee or any symptoms along with knee pain? sudden knee pain with out any associated diseases may be due to tendanitis,sprain ,or arthritis and many causes are there.Take 800 mg of ibuprofen (Motrin or Advil) every 6-8 hours if you are not allergic to it. This should help the pain and swelling.If you don't notice any improvement in 2days or if pain keeps on increases, see your doctor or a specialist in orthopedics.
thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
If there is no h/o injury or sprain it may be due to Chickengunia where mostly knee pains are very severe.
Take analgesics as and when required.
Ok and bye.