White spots on tonsils with mild irritation, treated for strep with amoxycillin, sinus with phlegm. What's wrong ?

I have had white spots on my tonsils for months with mild irritation in my throat. I was treated for strep with amoxicillin and it made the spots go away. They cane back a few weeks later and i was given z-pack. They went away though not completely then reemerged. I have post nasal drip and now a sinus cold with a lot of phlegm and congestion. My tonsils are still sore occassionally and enlarged. They finally tested me for strep and it was negative. I am worried and not sure what is wrong. I have had tonsil stones for a long time and i have large cryptic tonsils but i have never had a problem like this. Any help?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013