White skin patch under upper lip, peeled with a little blood. Suggestion?

A few days back I developed two small areas covered by white skin under my upper lip . These grew in next two days and there was a small irregular shaped patch of soft white skin. The outer skin became slightly detached, and I peeled it off. There was a little blood , when I peeled it off. But the soft white skin came back again, and again covered the patch. Today in the morning same thing happened again. I am wondering what it is. There was pain when I peeled it off, but other wise there no pain.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013