White patches in throat, stuffy nose, difficulty breathing, dry throat. Associated with strep?

I went to the doctor the other day and she said i had strep , she didn t do a swab or anything just looked and saw the white patches in my throat . the problem is I have an extremely stuffy nose , can t breathe through it at all, so at night I have to breathe through my mouth which causes my throat to dry up and I have to get water about every 20mins. is the stuffy nose associated with the strep? and is there anything I can do so I can get some sleep, been on antibiotics for a couple days and my fever is gone by my throat is just as (if not more) swollen.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013