White patch on cheek. Using chlorhexidine rinse. Getting burning sensation with acidic food. Cause?

Hi I just turned 25 yrs. old. Three weeks ago my left cheek started getting raw and eventually ended up with a white patch. When I brushedy teeth and hit it with my bristles it tore it off and it bled. My dentist prescribed me with a chlorhexidine rinse. After two weeks it was gone. Thank god! Now my right cheek is raw and burns when I eat or drink acidic foods. Especially when I brush my teeth with Colgate sensitive toothpaste. What could this be caused from? Thank you for listening to my problems. :) Sincerely, Ashley
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013