White lesions in sub cortical region, finger like projection from corpus callosum to lateral ventrical. MRI scan. Recommendations?

Hi. I recently had an MRI brain scan without contrast and the radiologist saw 10-12 white lesions, many of which are located in the subcortical region. He described a "finger like projection" extending from the corpus callosum to a lateral ventrical. His findings were "while these findings are not completely typical of MS, it is included in the differential diagnosis along with Lyme's disease, vasculitis and small vessel ischemia". The radiologist did say the nu,ber of lesions were well beyond the normal for someone my age. I am a 44 y.o. female. Could the "finger like projection (lesion) be a Dawson's finger? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013