White greasy secretion around upper vulva, labia, itchy, eczema, skin problems. What could it be?

Hello, I have white greasy secretions around the upper half of my vulva and labia , which I assume is female smegma. My clit can become itchy and it can smell unpleasant. I wash with cool water so as not to strip away lubricating oils and do not use soap every time and when I do only use dove soap but it seems to build up very quickly. I have had thrush before and its not like that, my vagina and discharge are ok it s higher up that I itch. Could it be anything other than smegma, is it bad that it would smell and is there any other way I can keep myself comfortable without having to wash twice a day? Also I have eczema and other skin problems.... my inner labia seem a little papery sometimes and when i rub between my fingers white skin/smegma comes away, like when you might rub old skin off after a bath.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012