Which medicines should I take for chest pain ?

Hi, I have been having pain in my chest recently. I was wondering if you knew any medication I could take to make it stop hurting.
Asked On : Wed, 7 Mar 2012

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.
Any part of the chest can be the cause of the pain including the heart, lungs, esophagus, muscle, bone, and skin.
Cause should be found and treated. If it is due to gastro esophageal reflex disease, avoidance of spicy food and antacid will be helpful.
If it is due to muscle spasm, rest and muscle relaxant will be good for you.

I think it might be either due to GERD or due to muscle pain. Wait for day or two if pain does not subside 1)To rule out any pathology in lungs, ribs i advice you to go for Xray chest.
2) To rule out pathology of heart i advice for an ECG

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

General & Family Physician Dr. Yousaf's  Response
DONT left high weight/\