Which doctor can treat my father a psychiatrist or a neurologist for memory loss ?

Hello Doctor , My father is 65 yrs old, past 4 yrs he had loss is memory slowly. we taken the treatment with psychartist but its not work.on 14 yrs back he met one accident he had just small hurts in hands and legs. he told that he had pain on his head also but afterwards no pain . Because of that also memory loss is araise or not. We dont know which doctors can we meet psychartist or neurologist . pls clear this or tell which treatment is better for him. whole family is so sad for this. pls help us.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011