When can i fly after local anaesthetic for trigger thumb ?

When can I fly after a local anasthetic on the hand for trigger thumb
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
There are no restrictions on flying after taking a local anaesthetic. It is not likely to affect your reasoning abilities. Only thing is that you should feel fit and there should not be any allergic reactions seen after administration.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Mahendra K Shah's  Response
hello, A local Anaesthetic affects the localised part where the injection is given so other parts of the body are functioning normally. the effect of the local anaesthesia is usually for a short period so it will not affect your routine activities so you can definately fly after few hrs of the anaesthesia.Should also ask the doctor who gave the local anesthesia for the time it will take to wear off the anaesthetic effect as it depends upon the type of anesthetic agent used