When I shave down there I get really nasty red bumps

When I shave " down there " I get really nasty red bumps. How can I not get those?
I'm a swimmer so I have to shave in that area so it's not all like EW GROSS! I have had people tell me to wax but I'm thirteen so i kinda cant. Has anybody else had this problem and have any solutions. I want it to be all smooth and red bump free! Thanks!!!! :)
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Make sure you use a brand new or at least very sharp razor each time you shave there, and make sure to use a good moisturizing cream, and not just soap. Start by shaving in the direction of the hair growth and then if you need to, you can very gently shave in the opposite direction. Make sure to use a gentle moisturizer on the area afterward.