What`s the treatment available for cataract?

what`s the treatment available for cataract? please help me
Asked On : Fri, 30 May 2008
cataract surgery is one. It consists of removing the lens of the eye and replacing it with an artificial one.
I have another question... What are the various type of surgical treatment available for cataract?
there are 3 different types of surgery that can be used to remove lenses that have a cataract, they are extracapsular surgery, phacoemulsification and Intracapsular surgery.
can anyone elaborate about phacoemulsification?
hi man, phacoemulsification is done by softening the lens with sound waves and then removing it through a needle. The back half of the lens capsule is left behind.
hi guys have a look at the cataract surgery.
There are no drops or tablets that will treat cataracts. The only method of improving vision is to have the cataract removed surgically.

For more details about cataract surgery visit

Ophthalmologist Dr. Sanjay Laul's  Response
surgical removal of cataract & lense implantation is the only treatment .
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
the surgical treatments available for cataract include
1)extra capsular opening in the eye ,cat. is taken out and an artefecial lens put in and the wound is closed with 6 stitches
2)phaco emulsification. a small opening is made through a phaco tip is introduced which dissolves the lens,wound enlarged and the lens put in.
3)phaco with foldable lens implant. phaco done and a foldable lens injected through the same opening
treatment of cataract is removal of cataract followed by implantation of ARTIFICIAL IOL OR LENS
commonly used procedures are ECCE ie extracapsular cataract surgery it uses suture so is used very less now more common and favored procedure is phacoemulsification with foldable or multifocal lens implantation
Ophthalmologist Dr. Mridula Mehta's  Response
Nov 2012

Treatment of cataract depends upon the stage of the cataract and profession or visual requirements of the patient. While in some early cases mere change of spectacle power will help the patient in later stages or when visual demands of the patient is more then surgical treatment can be taken. Various surgical treatments are extra capsular cataract extraction with sutures, more preferred treatment is suture less surgery by small incision, phacoemulsification and laser catact surgery. There are variety of lenses that can be chosen from for implantation after catact removal
Best wishes
Ophthalmologist Dr. Dadapeer K's  Response
The treatment of cataract as of today is by surgery. Medical management of cataract to dissolve the opacity of the lens and to make it clear is still in trial phase and it may be available in near future.
The types of surgery performed as of today are Phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation and small incision cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation.
Phacoemulsification, which is done through small incision measuring about 3.5 mm is the most commonly done and most preferred surgery for cataract because of early visual rehabilitataion.
The choice intraocular lens depends on the persons vision requirements and commonly includes foldable unifocal or multifocal intraocular lenses.
Since foldable intraocular lenses and phacoemulsification surgery is costlier, small incision cataract surgery with rigid intraocular lens is a cheaper and equally good alternative to phacoemulsification surgery.