What treatment do you suggest for my toddler who hurt his rib after a fall ?

My 2 year old climbed up about 5 feet and fell on his back he now has a bruise over his rib The major problem is he doesnt talk yet so he can t tell us if he is hurt badly is there anyway to tell if its serious without having to go to the ER?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011

If the baby is perfectly normal after 24 hrs of fall ,nothing to worry about. baby may need Syrup Ibugesic to get rid of mild body ache.

YOu should observe the baby closely for any serious problem for 2-5 days.

_ she may avoid or cry in moving certain part of body.

-There may be swelling or pain on touch.

-baby may be irritated or dull ,not eating as ususl.
With any of above signs you have to take Paediatritians advice.