What treatment and diet should I follow for an elevated triglyceride level ?

lipid profile Hi I am 28 year old male, BMI 24, non obese , otherwise good health . Recently i Did my LIpid profile which revealed High triglycerides 277mg, and low HDL 33mg, Other parameters are normal Total cholesterol 162, LDL normal. I also have hypertension on ramipril 5 mg, BP controlled. I have family history of hypertriglyceredemia and Hypertension , father and uncle have them. Please suggest me drug treatment , diet and other advise. Any non pharmacological measures are welcome . I want to avoid starting statin drugs . Iam open to ayurvedic or other options. Any help is appreciated. Physicians and dieticians please help.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Mar 2012