What should be target heart rate for a 62 years female ?

I am a female 62 years young. Good health. What is my target heart rate? How long should I exercise in my target heart rate on my treadmill?
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
hello and welcome to healthcare magic forum ,the heart rate normally of a 62 years
female should be 60-80 beats per minute,this should be your target,but pulse shoul be regular and equal in volume,take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.The exercise should be enough to raise heart beats to 75% of maximal heart rate for 10 to 15 minutes.Your maximal heart rate according to your age is 155.So your heart beats should be around 115/ minute during the peak of your exercise and that too for 1/3 of your total exercise time.Good luck.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Your normal heart rate should remain between 60 to 80 is acceptable. For target rate
220 minus age 60 = 160 and 80% of it is 128 is your target rate for tread meal.And you
can continue on it so long you are comfortable ie no chest discomfort, no brsthlessness
etc.If you achieve your target rate it means your heart has good pumping capacity. Thanks
  Anonymous's Response

Heart rates are individual and so are target heart rates. You do not do a treadmill at home to reach your target heart rates. That could be dangerous without medical supervision

If you have no medical problem (which I assume from the fact that you exercise regularly) then doing the treadmill
- at a pace that is comfortable to you
- does NOT cause UNCOMFORTABLE breathlessness
for 10 minutes a day -then you are OK.

However I do STRONGLY suggest that at your age esp if you are of South Asian descent a check up with your doctor is mandatory before embarking on an exercise schedule.