What should be done if a pet that is vaccinated scratches ?

I got scratched by my cousin s pet pup s nail. It is aged two months. It was vaccinated just 10 hours before it scratched me. Advice please.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
welcome to HCM
Always better to take vaccine as there is always a chance of infection.Dogs saliva contains virus(when infected) when they licked their nail it also get infected.

General & Family Physician Dr. Sajjad Ahmed Malik's  Response
as pets' nail scrub can contains their sweat secretion therefore yes it can cause rabies and being dirty they can cause tetanus too.. theses are the diseases if do occur then they have poor cure rate.. so being on safe side u must have to do the course of rabies vaccination and get yourself booster dose after every 6 months.. thnx, hope i have satisfied u regarding ur quest