What is this small ball under my jaw ?

today when i was just feeling my neck i found a little ball under my jaw, but i have a mouth sore is that the efect of the mouth sore?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Dentist 's  Response
The ball seen on your neck could be an enlarged lymph node which could be due to an infection. Kindly visit a dentist to identify the source of the infection and get appropriate treatment for the same.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Your History suggests you have a Enlarged Lymph Node secondary to a Infection. Kindly get yourself examined by a ENT Specialist as you will require antibiotics.

Drink plenty of water and get adequate rest, stick to your treatment Plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.
Dentist Dr. Bahaa Jouda's  Response
it is an Enlarged Lymph Node due to infection of the mouth so take antibiotics such as amoxicillin and metronidazole and you will get better
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since you are having an injury or ulcer in the mouth the infection has caused an enlarged lymph node. You can visit a Dentist or ENT Specialist for proper antibiotics if the infection, pain and lymph node swelling does not subside. Nothing to worry. A course of antibiotics will do. You can take Vitamin B complex tablets which will help the ulcer to heal faster and probably prevent more from occurring.I do recommend that you see a Dentist and get your blood counts done as well and get checked if there are any predisposing factors which can cause the ulcer to help prevent again. Stop smoking and drinking alcohol if you are on them.