What is the use of predcort ds oral liquid ?

doctor give my son predcort ds oral liquid and i have no idea what this is for.cause this bottle don t have any ready..please help me
Asked On : Wed, 4 May 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum,
Its a commonly prescribed drugs on children depending of chest finding.It works by 2 ways 1.Anti-inflamatory effect and 2.Broncodialatory effect.Dont panic about the corticosteroid (as older beliver) as its a very good drugs for short term(less than 14 days) use.
thanks.

Your son may suffering from respiratory problem. Predcort is a steroid. This will give relief from dyspnea.
General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
adam, your doctor has give this drug for treating some allergic condition. Kindly get back to your doctor and ask him how long this is to be taken. Being a corticosteroid , it should not be given for a long time. Kindly get back to your doctor. He may give you some other drug which will not have steriods.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.